by Vickilynn Haycraft
Yield: 2 cups Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 3 cloves minced garlic, more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, or apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons tahini (sesame butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
Place everything in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping sides as necessary. Add more seasonings to taste.
Per 1/2 cup serving:: 92 Calories; 4g Fat (34.7% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 340mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.