Yield: 18 pancakes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10-12 minutes
- 2 cups Kamut Flour, freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon natural salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups milk, rice, nut, soy or dairy or plain yogurt
Mix dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Mix wet ingredients in another bowl. Mix liquid into dry and stir until just moistened (a few lumps are OK) Do not overmix or pancakes will be flat and tough. Let batter sit about 5 minutes to thicken. If too thick, thin with milk.
Bake on a hot, ungreased skillet hot griddle until edges look dry and bubbles appear on the surface. Flip pancake over and cook on other side.
Serving Ideas: Serve with warm fruit syrup or fresh fruit
Per pancake: 90 Calories; 3g Fat (31.2% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 13g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 27mg Cholesterol; 178mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.