Yield: 12 Pancakes
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: About 20 minutes
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1/2 cup organic soy flour
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Mix wet ingredients well in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, mix the dry ingredients. Add wet to dry gently. Do not overmix. Bake on pre-heated griddle skillet, turning once. These will be tender pancakes.
- Try millet flour instead of rice.
- Try milk or juice instead of water.
- Try using flax seed egg replacer instead of the egg.
Per pancake: 118 Calories; 4g Fat (30.1% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 18g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 18mg Cholesterol; 176mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.