When last reviewed, the SoyaJoy was not U.L. listed. Since that time, the SoyaJoy SJ-5 has received U.L. certification and includes the updated safety features required by Underwriter’s Laboratories, including the safety shut-off switch. I now recommend the SoyaJoy SJ-5 as an excellent, well-made machine that consistently delivers high-quality non-dairy beverages from home.
SoyaJoy Automatic Soy Milk Makers
- 800 watts
- Weight: 4 pounds 14 ounces
- Height: 14 inches including top handle
- Canister (inner and outer): Stainless steel. Plastic handle on the outside.
- Filter basket: Stainless steel mesh
- Machine head outer: Plastic with electronic controls and feeding window and top handle
- Machine head components in contact with the liquid: Stainless steel
- Yield: 6 cups liquid
- Safety shut-off switch
- U.L. listed
To use the SoyaJoy:
- Materials that come in contact with the beverages are quality stainless steel.
- Filter basket mesh is finely woven and it effectively filters the fibers from the liquid, eliminating the need for additional straining, unless desired.
- Steel canister has pouring spout and has a rolled top, making pouring less messy.
- The steel canister’s one-piece construction prevents the soymilk from dripping in between the layer of plastic and steel.
- Control pad is programmable for custom cycles and additional options.
- Feeding window is an option for adding beans/grains.
- Cycle length is fast — approximately 16 minutes.
- Passed U.L. safety testing and carries the U.L. listing.
- Includes an added safety shut-off switch.
- User manual and free recipe book.
- Toll-free ordering and Customer Service.
- Speedy shipping from Sanlinx Tennessee wholesale warehouse to all U.S. customers.
- The machine head and the filter basket do not stand up. They must be propped up after being removed from the machine. I lay mine in a large stainless bowl.
- The steel outer surface of the machine gets hot to the touch during operation.
The SoyaJoy works easily, quickly and produces excellent non-dairy beverages. The cost of the machine has been recouped by saving the money previously spent on commercial non-dairy milks. I use this machine regularly in my kitchen and recommend it highly.
For recipes using the SoyaJoy, please visit Soy Milk and Okara Recipes.
4755 Fowler Drive
Morristown, TN 37814
Toll-free order line 24 hours 1-888-228-3082
Customer service toll free 1-866-769-6262
- I: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – Overview
- II: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – Model Instructions
- IV: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – SoyaPower
- V: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – SoyQuick
- VI: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – SoyToy
- VII: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – Final Comparisons
© 1995-2010 Vickilynn Haycraft and Real Food Living. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this review may be copied, stored or transmitted in any medium, for any reason without prior written permission of the author.