There is a new kid on the block — the automatic soymilk maker block that is — and the new kid has all the moves. The newest offering for making good-tasting soymilk at home easily, quickly and inexpensively is the SoyaPower, distributed by Sanlinx.
When the people at Sanlinx let me know this machine was ready for testing, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it and soybeans in it! Reportedly, the SoyaPower had all the features that I was looking for in an automatic soymilk maker and even had the features I had found lacking in other models. (See my other soymilk maker reviews in the Product Reviews.) I must say, the good reports were accurate. I love using the SoyaPower, and I enjoy all the little features that enhance my soymilk-making experience. Some of these features include a plastic cover over the stainless steel canister which reduces the temperature of the machine to the touch, (safer with young children around), reduces the noise during operation (a plus in a busy, noisy household), and includes two latches to secure the machine head to the canister (which again is safer especially with children). Additional “whistles and bells” include a machine head that stands up on its own, rather than having to be propped. The SoyaPower even includes a drip pan to place the machine head when it is removed from the canister (much less messy!) One of my favorite features is the larger, wider steel mesh filter basket. The larger size allows for easier loading and easier cleaning as compared to the SoyaJoy and the SoyQuick. I found the larger basket extra helpful when making almond milk since the almonds are larger than soy beans.
The SoyaPower retained all the wonderful features and advantages that I loved about both the SoyaJoy and SoyQuick. However, in my opinion, the SoyaPower added extra features that work well for me, both in my testing and in regular usage in my own kitchen. I did have a concern that the lower wattage of the SoyaPower would mean less power, but I did not find that to be the case. In my testing and usage the SoyaPower has handled all the batches of soaked soybeans, nuts etc., that I threw at it, and the SoyaPower handled the job quite well! I have been very pleased with the results using this machine.
A note about the U.L. listing that is very important to me; this model has received U.L. certification and is now U.L. listed.
SoyaPower Soy Milk Maker
- 600 watts
- Weight: 6 pounds 0 ounces
- Height: 11 1/4 inches high with handle in the down position, 13 3/4 inches with handle in up position
- Canister (inner): Stainless steel with pouring spout
- Canister (outer): Plastic cover with side handle
- Filter basket: Stainless steel mesh approximately 3 1/4 inches in diameter
- Machine head outer: Plastic with electronic controls, feeding window and plunger, retractable top handle; plastic and metal latches
- Machine head components in contact with the liquid: Stainless steel
- 4 steel grinding blades
- Yield: 6 cups liquid
- Plastic drip pan
- Safety shut-off switch
- U.L. Certified
To use the SoyaPower:
See II: Automatic Soy Milk Makers Model Instructions at this site
or view the complete manual for the SoyaPower, including instructions at the manufacturer’s website.
- Materials that come in contact with the beverages are quality stainless steel.
- Filter basket mesh is finely woven, and it effectively filters the fibers from the liquid, eliminating the need for additional straining, unless desired.
- Larger size filter basket, larger than other models, easier for loading and cleaning.
- Stainless steel canister has pouring spout and a rolled top, making pouring less messy.
- The stainless steel canister’s one-piece construction prevents the soymilk from dripping in between the layer of plastic and steel.
- Plastic cover over the stainless steel canister reduces noise and temperature during operation. Control pad is programmable for custom cycles and additional function options.
- Feeding window is an option for adding beans/grains.
- Cycle length is fast — approximately 16 -18 minutes.
- Includes an added safety shut-off switch.
- Plastic drip pan included to stand machine head when not in use; very helpful when removing machine head from the canister when hot.
- 4 grinding blades, compared to 2 blades on other models.
- Detailed user manual and free recipe book.
- Toll-free order line and Customer Service.
- Speedy shipping to all U.S. customers from Sanlinx, Tennessee, wholesale warehouse.
- None noted
I recommend the SoyaPower as a wonderful addition to a healthy lifestyle and for anyone desiring to make the freshest, healthiest soy, nut or grain milk at home.
For recipes using the SoyaPower, please visit Soy Milk and Okara Recipes.
4755 Fowler Drive
Morristown, TN 37814
Toll-free order line 24 hours 1-888-228-3082
Customer service toll free 1-866-769-6262
- I: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – Overview
- II: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – Model Instructions
- III: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – SoyaJoy SJ-5
- V: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – SoyQuick
- VI: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – SoyToy
- VII: Automatic Soy Milk Makers – Final Comparisons
© 1995-2010 Vickilynn Haycraft and Real Food Living. All Rights Reserved. No portion of this review may be copied, stored or transmitted in any medium, for any reason without prior written permission of the author.