There is snow on the ground and a chill in the air. It’s time to B-A-K-E!!! What is it about home baking that warms the heart as well as the hearth? I don’t know, but I gladly give in to its call!
Today I made this easy, very quick whole wheat chocolate cake with organic sweetened cranberries.
Recipe By : Vickilynn Haycraft
Serving Size : 12
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 6 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sucanat
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, virgin organic — melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups almond milk, Homemade, Plain — (if desired)
- 1 cup dried cranberries, organic, naturally-sweetened
Preheat oven to 350. Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients.
Pour wet into dry and mix until batter is smooth. Pour batter into an ungreased 9 x 13 baking pan and bake for 40 minutes or until center of cake tests done.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Per Serving: 249 Calories; 16g Fat (52.7% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 28g Carbohydrate; 5g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 390mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat.