As I am low-carbing, I wanted to have my own Mug O’Cake. Here’s what I do:
- 2 Tablespoons organic golden flax meal, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon stevia extract (or to taste – each brand is different)
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large organic egg
- 3 Tablespoons organic virgin coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons water
In a 4 cup measuring cup, place all the dry ingredients and whisk together with a fork or small whisk.
Add in wet ingredients and whisk briskly to fully incorporate ingredients until smooth.
Use glass measuring cup, or any microwave-safe 16 ounce cup container. I like to use over-sized (16-ounce) coffee mugs. Microwave uncovered on HI for 2 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve in mug.
NuWave Infrared Oven:
Place batter in a 16-ounce oven-proof mug or bowl (I use French Soup bowls). Place rack in 1-inch position.
Bake on HI for 15 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes. Serve in bowl.